Today’s Best of Beauty post (a series created by the lovely Samantha from All the Buzz) had me thinking long and hard for this past week. I tend to buy a lot of high end products and use them on a regular basis so I was trying to come up with something that is a princess-like splurge, even for me. And finally, after going through my beauty stash I came across this…
I present to you my ultimate indulgence, the Jo Malone Pomegranate Noir Cologne – very well loved, hence the low levels and battered label. I adore this fragrance, it has something quite unusual and heady, almost masculine, about it, it’s a very dark, sexy fragrance and whenever I wear it I get asked about my perfume. I am not amazing at describing scents but here is what Jo Malone say about Pomegranate Noir and I couldn’t agree more: ‘The sensuality of a daring red dress. Ruby-rich juices of pomegranate, raspberry and plum are spiked with pink pepper and laced with Casablanca lily and spicy woods. A dark and enigmatic fragrance.’ Yes, dark and enigmatic… and sinfully expensive, considering it is not an eau de parfum and you have to spray it several times during the day to make the scent last.
I know, I could do a lot with €100 but this scent has me addicted and I keep re-purchasing it over and over. I find the entire experience of shopping in Jo Malone absolutely beautiful and luxurious – from the service to the packaging, Jo Malone shops are perfection. I am also very tempted to invest in a Jo Malone candle, but considering how expensive they are I will wait until I have a very good reason to reward myself.
Jo Malone Pomegranate Noir Cologne costs €96 and available from Brown Thomas
You can find more posts from the Best of Beauty series on Twitter under the hashtag #BOBBlogchallenge.
Have you got any favourite Jo Malone fragrances?
Error: Your requested Widget "blog subscriptions (Jetpack)" is not in the "Widgets for Shortcodes" sidebar
- [do_widget_area after-entry]
- [do_widget_area footer-1]
- [do_widget_area footer-2]
- [do_widget_area footer-3]
- [do_widget_area header-right]
- [do_widget_area home-section-1]
- [do_widget_area home-section-2]
- [do_widget_area home-section-3]
- [do_widget_area home-section-4]
- [do_widget_area sidebar]
- [do_widget id="text-4"]
- [do_widget id="text-9"]
- [do_widget id="simple-social-icons-2"]
- [do_widget id="text-10"]
- [do_widget id="search-3"]
- [do_widget_area widgets_for_shortcodes]
- [do_widget id="mc4wp_widget-2"]
- [do_widget_area wp_inactive_widgets]
- [do_widget id="recent-comments-2"]
- [do_widget id="text-2"]
- [do_widget id="text-5"]
- [do_widget id="text-3"]
- [do_widget id="search-2"]
- [do_widget id="categories-2"]
- [do_widget id="rss_links-2"]