I was chatting to my mum a couple of weeks ago, she was telling me about her spa trip & a fantastic body treatment she had while there. She went for this fancy tightening coffee bean body treatment and she enjoyed the body scrub used so much that she asked whether she could buy it at the spa. The therapist (fair play to her!) admitted it was only coffee grounds from the hotel kitchen! She explained that coffee has fantastic skincare properties, it contains powerful anti-oxidants that protect the skin against free radicals, works as an anti-inflammatory, can reduce cellulite, tighten pores & reduce cellulite. Because of all these benefits, coffee is a common ingredient in skincare & spa products these days – I did my research!
1. The 1 Ingredient Body Scrub
For this all you will need is… you guessed it! Used coffee grounds! So brew your coffee (whichever way you like, ehm, just not instant : P), drink it, squeeze excess water out and use the warm coffee grounds to scrub the skin on your body. Make sure you concentrate on cellulite prone areas. Rinse off with warm water.
2. Moisturising Body Scrub
Here, same as above, put your warm coffee grounds (around 1 – 2 cups, however much you need) into a bowl and mix in 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil. Massage into the skin & rinse off with warm water.
3. Super Exfoliating Body Scrub
For this one mix your Moisturising Body Scrub in a bowl (as above) and add half a cup of sea salt or coarse demarera sugar. If you like you can add a drop of vanilla extract. Massage into the skin & rinse off with warm water.
I think all of the above would also be nice with a pinch of cinnamon or some essential oils added in… especially if you are not a huge fan of the smell of coffee!
The one thing I will say is that it is not the prettiest of body scrubs… actually it possibly is the worst looking one I’ve tried (brown is not a great colour for body care products) but definitely one of the most effective ones!
I absolutely love the simplicity of this body scrub and have used it several times since I found out about it (my favourite is the coffee, olive oil & cinnamon combo). Thanks to my husband, who is a coffee junkie, I have a never ending supply!Let me know if you have tried this & what you thought of it you have!
Error: Your requested Widget "blog subscriptions (Jetpack)" is not in the "Widgets for Shortcodes" sidebar
- [do_widget_area after-entry]
- [do_widget_area footer-1]
- [do_widget_area footer-2]
- [do_widget_area footer-3]
- [do_widget_area header-right]
- [do_widget_area home-section-1]
- [do_widget_area home-section-2]
- [do_widget_area home-section-3]
- [do_widget_area home-section-4]
- [do_widget_area sidebar]
- [do_widget id="text-4"]
- [do_widget id="text-9"]
- [do_widget id="simple-social-icons-2"]
- [do_widget id="text-10"]
- [do_widget id="search-3"]
- [do_widget_area widgets_for_shortcodes]
- [do_widget id="mc4wp_widget-2"]
- [do_widget_area wp_inactive_widgets]
- [do_widget id="recent-comments-2"]
- [do_widget id="text-2"]
- [do_widget id="text-5"]
- [do_widget id="text-3"]
- [do_widget id="search-2"]
- [do_widget id="categories-2"]
- [do_widget id="rss_links-2"]