I have been waiting for these ever since I saw them used by Gucci Westman at fashion shows early last year. So you can imagine my joy when I walked into Boots today to find these beauties sitting at the Revlon counter. They must literally just be in, as all of the testers were brand new and I was the first swatcher (oh yeah!!!). There are 10 beautiful shades in this collection and I picked up the colour Standout (250), although I definitely will be picking up all of the others too. There is something there for everyone!
Standout is a beautiful, rich red colour and applies completely opaque. The formula is lovely! Revlon say that the Matte Balms have “(…) velvety matte finish and balm-like feel” and it really is true.The effect you get from it is a matte / velvet lip but it also feels nice and nourishing; it basically will not give you that dry feeling a matte lipstick would as they contain a mix of Shea, Coconut and Mango butters to hydrate and nourish your lips. The colour payoff is fabulous and you literally only need a minute to get your perfect matte lip on, without having to use a lip pencil. It will come in so handy on the go or when you just don’t have the time!
I absolutely adore this colour & cannot wait to get back into Boots and pick up the rest (I have my eye on the purple shade Shameless)! I have a feeling that this Matte Balm will be my best friend over then next few weeks. I also found that the colour still looks great after a few hours on my lips (minimal retouching after food). I would definitely recommend these, especially if you do like the look of a matte lip but dread that dry feeling!
I have also picked up one of the Lacquer Balms that have launched alongside the Matte Balms… but more of that in my next post!
Have you tried these yet? Let me know what you think!!
Error: Your requested Widget "blog subscriptions (Jetpack)" is not in the "Widgets for Shortcodes" sidebar
- [do_widget_area after-entry]
- [do_widget_area footer-1]
- [do_widget_area footer-2]
- [do_widget_area footer-3]
- [do_widget_area header-right]
- [do_widget_area home-section-1]
- [do_widget_area home-section-2]
- [do_widget_area home-section-3]
- [do_widget_area home-section-4]
- [do_widget_area sidebar]
- [do_widget id="text-4"]
- [do_widget id="text-9"]
- [do_widget id="simple-social-icons-2"]
- [do_widget id="text-10"]
- [do_widget id="search-3"]
- [do_widget_area widgets_for_shortcodes]
- [do_widget id="mc4wp_widget-2"]
- [do_widget_area wp_inactive_widgets]
- [do_widget id="recent-comments-2"]
- [do_widget id="text-2"]
- [do_widget id="text-5"]
- [do_widget id="text-3"]
- [do_widget id="search-2"]
- [do_widget id="categories-2"]
- [do_widget id="rss_links-2"]